[sharechat] The man, Eric

From: brendon peters <bndpeters@postmark.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:41:36 +0000

Daryl,
Apart from your pessimistic views on Eric Watson, I can't quite
follow your line of thought or rationale.
Firstly, in this day and age, one does not expect to get rich from
company dividends.
Secondly, the market ultimately determines the price of a share -
factors such as supply and demand, willingness of investors to sell or
buy because of avariety of reasons.
I think, apart from the issue of dividends and the isolated case of
the NZ Petroleum Company, those who have jumped on and hopped off the
Watson train at the right time have done really well.
I also can't fathom out why you have hung on to your AQL shares for
all this time - 18 months - when it wasn't moving at all, the main
reason being because it was in an aquarium business in Asia which Kiwi
investors weren't too knowledgeable about.
Anyway, I hope your perserverance will pay off but try and translate
some of that negativity into positivity. Who knows - it might do
wonders for your AQL shares!

Brendon

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] THL richard hermans