Re: [sharechat] Where to invest money?

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:02:54 +1300

Hi Derek,
Cheap industrials must be the safer option than the tech stocks,
and at current prices there must be some potential for capital gain.

As for selling the techs at a loss, if the more speculative ones
drop more than 20% then there is little choice but to sell to stop
the losses becoming extreme (eg AQL, SPE etc).

If the quality ones dropped by more than this amount (ADV, ITC), then I'd
hang on to them as I have more confidence that they can pull through
a crises.

They say that people who hang on to shares and don't sell them when
the market goes down usually do better in the long run.
I guess the question is how long is the long run?

Derek Watt

At 10:01 PM 2/22/00 +1100, you wrote:
>So far media recommend to invest in our industry shares.
>Those are undervalued for years. Lately even more.
>Looks like we should  to cover holes, so other offshore investors can
>withdraw on better price.

Do I care ?

>Same time our Tech stocks dropped a bit, but not as much.
>Exactly same situation is in US with Dow Jones and NASDAQ. (Just
>comparing both graphs)
>In my opinion better hold on to tech stock then follow the media advice.
>
>Bubble? It is up to us, if we hold on - nothing happen, if we go chain
>reaction - here we go.
>When we loose money? Only if we start selling on lower price we bought.
>Comments appreciated.

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.