Re: [sharechat] Savoy Safety Net

From: "Brett & Leeanne Phillips" <bret-lil@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:32:36 +1300

I have been very interested in reading comments today regarding Savoy. I
think Osbert and Frank are definitely the Masters when it comes to
portraying a sound knowledge and understanding of the NZ market( along with
reading their crystal balls ) . I'm just a beginner who would like consider
oneself in both the 'trading' and 'investing' camps. I generally look at a
stock based on a medium term gain(if I'm fortunate), however I'm happy to
take a short term gain if it is their for the taking. Lets be honest we are
all in this game to make money as quickly and easily as possible and we all
have our own views on how to achieve this.

With regards to my original post regarding Savoy and Safety Net, I was
hoping for some additional information regarding the financial aspects of
the announcement, along with some possible evidence of the likely hood of an
Ericsson connection. My comment regarding a NZ Navy contract was second hand
from a earlier chat forum (which I pointed out). If this persons comment was
correct at least it shows sales potential in the right direction.

I have researched internet and media releases of late that have indicated
'Ericsson' is trying to build further profile in the Asian region and also
from the Cnet web-site that they are one of the major players in wireless
technology developments. I 'm looking forward to an up and coming
announcement which may confirm the Savoy connection in NZ. However I hold
grave concerns about the negativity some traders / investors have. They
seemingly wish to keep the NZ. market under-achieving. If people are going
to talk about using accounting fundamentals for investment gains, why is the
NZSE 40 retracting? And if the traders have all the answers, how many saw
the increase in Telsa on Tuesday?

I know from my own business experience that you need to combine fundamentals
with risk to make a business grow. If I had followed an accountants advice
16 years ago and had not taken a risk I would still be working for someone
else, earning less, with few lucrative prospects to look forward too.

Playing the sharemarket as an investor or a trader is similar, you have to
take a calculated risk sometimes, but more importantly, as in any business
you have to make things happen.

With Savoy I think we have exciting possibilities, rumour, speculation,
diversification, possible growth in the technology arena, while the company
maintains and develops it's core business, property. This all leads to lots
of opinions being expressed, and everyone to their own.  I'm happy to stay
in the Savoy camp at the moment, even at the risk of short term paper
losses.

I hope all Savoy shareholders will be smiling in the near future and
reinvesting their gains in other NZ Stocks.

Regards

Bret

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.