Re: [sharechat] Savoy Safety Net

From: "Osbert Sun" <osbert.sun@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:26:25 +1300

Hugh,

For the record, I had nothing to do the "NZ Navy" story. The point I have
tried to raise is that there are as many trading stocks as there are
investment stocks in the sharemarkets, depending on which way you're looking
at. Sure some are riskier than others, but hasn't anyone heared that the
bigger the profit the greater the risk? I don't pretend to be an expert on
Savoy. However, Savoy might one day pull through all the troubles and start
making a profit. Even the greatest Buffet himself would take certain degree
of  risk and invest in distressed businesses where he can see through the
potential returns. I'm not defending that Savoy is in the hands of a sound
management. However, there might be great opportunities ahead.

Have a good weekend!