Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] ITC, Stock-hype, NETIQUETTE

From: Phil Williams <philw@hyperactive.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:06:54 +1300

I feel Chris's initial posting serves a reminder of the kind of responses that
should be discouraged in this forum.

So that the list doesn't have to wade through my response and netiquette
reminder, it's attatched as a TXT.
Feel free to delete this message.

Phil Williams

Animation/Media Design
Hyperactive New Media
Wellington, NZ
+64 8019550

Chris Darby wrote:

> I have monitored some incredulous statements about ITC in recent weeks
> and have chosen to ignore the petty contributions of those whose only
> interest is to excite the uninitiated into swapping a ride on the
> bandwagon.  You get on at 78c - 98c and I will gladly get off for same,
> is what I have been reading from many forum contributors.
>
> It is apparent that Sharechat has attracted a lot of new subscribers in
> the last quarter. Many have boldly stated that they are new to
> trading/investing in equities and asked some basic and naive questions.
> Generally responses have been informative and helpful but in more recent
> weeks the stupidity and arrogance displayed in the guise of psuedo humour
> is completely amiss.  The real laugh is in realising that the psuedo
> humour writers are only marginally more evolved in their understanding of
> the markets than the questioner.

Chris,

As much as I dislike being an informal moderator, it's worth bringing your
attention to
the fact that in communal list situations like this, bagging people for their
posting
style is not constructive, and is not welcome.

If you have a problem with the way you see information is being disseminated,
there
are a number of options...

1 - Find information that backs up your case and write a TOPICAL, constructive
post
outlining your point of on a particular share.

2 - Write an email privately to the poster in question detailing your concerns.

3 - Unsubscribe

No-one on this lists wants to read junk postings like this. And before you
write "but i'm
just expressing my point of view on a share"...
No, you were criticising someone elses point of view on a share, attacking the
lists
contributors directly and genearlly lowering the tone...

For more information, search under "netiquette" in any major search engine.

Sincerely,

Phil Williams