Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

[sharechat] ITC, Stock-hype

From: Chris Darby <darby@ak.planet.gen.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:24:40 +1300

I have monitored some incredulous statements about ITC in recent weeks
and have chosen to ignore the petty contributions of those whose only
interest is to excite the uninitiated into swapping a ride on the
bandwagon.  You get on at 78c - 98c and I will gladly get off for same,
is what I have been reading from many forum contributors.

It is apparent that Sharechat has attracted a lot of new subscribers in
the last quarter. Many have boldly stated that they are new to
trading/investing in equities and asked some basic and naive questions.
Generally responses have been informative and helpful but in more recent
weeks the stupidity and arrogance displayed in the guise of psuedo humour
is completely amiss.  The real laugh is in realising that the psuedo
humour writers are only marginally more evolved in their understanding of
the markets than the questioner.