Re: [sharechat] RPI offer: the bad news

From: Matt & Vanessa <vibez@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:30:22 +1200

Snoopy mate, that's a class piece of work.   Awesome investigation. <hat off>

I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing, but there was a definite smell emanating from the whole offer.......Just reinforces the underwhelming realisation that what often purports to be an opportunity in our market is yet again someone just trying to cash in.....

Ah, but they never would have gotten my WRI shares off me anyway!    Too good a company, producing too much debt-free profit to give away so cheaply.  They're the backbone of my dividend-producing assets, so selling them for less than their worth, with a a stream future income now forfeited for no premium-price (just a not-too-distant value from a recent closing price), makes no real long-term sense to me.

Always love to hear your work covering WRI.

Keep up the good work mate.

smasha

disc: hold WRI (+PWC & CNZ for div purposes)

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Investment Goal to Investment Stategy Matt & Vanessa