Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

[sharechat] WRI / Snoopy / Woody / Karyn / Christine / Baa Baa / etc / you fellows are so interesting !

From: Clubs Mugg <sp8z_mate@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 03:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Investors.
I enjoy all your technical jargon's but for me nothing
is calculated I normally invest to be in and out of a
stock before money changes hands (within 3 days)
except for a few that I have no other reason to keep
except a interesting story through an announcement or
sentimental stupidity .....................
I was once an employee of Wrightson NMA Ltd in 1965 to
1973, They had a huge turnover of staff those days and
paid peanuts, but that was not bad as it gave young
men like me and women a chance to control huge rural
accounts whether it was in the motor trade, or retail
through Hay Wrights or through the Rural Stock Firm
and Finance Company.
My biggest disappointment was when WRI sold the rural
fiance arm of there business.
In the last 5 years I have invested in and out of WRI.
I brought into WRI prior to me learning that people
trade shares to make money but more of a fantasy that
WRI would deliver me back to prosperity through being
a shareholder rather than the cheap labour unit.
I paid 40 cents per share for 180,000 shares and
nothing happened 35 / 41 cents for months and lost all
interest in my investment.
One day in 2001 I noticed in the paper that WRI was at
$1.00 ... I had promised myself I would sell if WRI if
it reached $1.09 with no reason at all except that I
could extend the house or buy a car.
It did and jokingly said to my broker I will buy back
at 99 cents. It did drop back within a few weeks and I
purchased again and sold again at $1.18.
I was in the money!
My broker kept saying to me buy WRI again but next
time you will have to pay at least $1.05.
Reluctantly I paid $1.04 and to watch them fall to
$1.01 for a number of days was a bit wrenching.
They were off again and my limit was to be out at
$1.20.
I thought it was not going to happen but it did the
day after I sold for $1.19.
I  was sold on WRI and back in at $1.14, watched them
go below $1.10 then a remarkable recovery to $1.35 and
I was out.
I have not been there since.
We don't have the extensions on the house or a new
car.
WRI is one of a few stocks I have made money on
through gut instinct and wish the company a good
fruitful future.
Some stocks I have kept and are doing ok are
1) PCL paid 1 cent
2) LKO paid 2 cents
3) AIM paid 3.5 cents
4) KLS paid 2 cents
5)VPE paid 1.4 cents
Some stocks I have that are not doing ok
1) RMI Paid 0.008 cents
2) RMG paid 4.3 cents
3)NTG paid 7.5 cents
4)BPT paid 37 cents how ever at least BPT pay a divi
I have one KIWI which is a real no no and do not even
want to tell you about it except that it is down 60%
on purchase
I will most likely finish up owning the company if I
don't watch myself ............ like hell !
The rest at the moment are near break even point some
Kiwi some AU.......... which is cool !
Biggest problem is holding onto cash for quick buy and
sell's.
Interested to know if any other investors trade like
myself !

Investing is fun although I must say I am a little
more wrinkled and but also wealthier than I was in
1998.
Cheers
Clubs Mugg