Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

[sharechat] Re:sharechat] Congrats SNOOPY

From: Barrel Scraper <scraperofbarrels@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:43:15 +1000 (EST)

yep, nice trot..but not worth anything until you sell   :-)

Norgate holds approx 13%, then he wants 37 and a bit % of holders to sell to him or
"If Rural Portfolio Investments was
not successful in reaching this target it would review its existing
shareholding in Wrightson with a view to exiting."

I appreciate that a lot (prob most) holders have a lot to gain from this offer, but , there is always the possibility RPI won't meet their target... again..
Does anyone think this might happen and what would be the effect of a selldown ?
The option of shares in RPI would have to be attractive allowing for an indirect holding in Wri - or maybe keep a hand in both pies ?

By the way could someone define a " redeemable preference share" ?

Maybe their is a bit of a cynical tangent to this post, but I am training myself (as a budding fundamentalist) to look at threats - which can be a hard thing when one has " fallen in love" with a company  :-)

To this end I have particularly enjoyed the to and fro of the MUL thread.

cheers guys

Karen: enjoy your posts, Thanx.