Re: [sharechat] Investing, and falling in love.

From: Capitalist <capitalist@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:32:03 +1300

Snoopy said :"In summary my proposition is that 'falling in love' is a
problem that both
F/A and T/A practitioners face.   What I would be interested in discussing
is how *you*  get out of it."

Hey Snoopy. I think falling out of love with a particular company, or
anything else for that matter, comes down to  reality being the final
arbiter-- that A is A. So you have to get out of it because reality has a
habit of biting you on the ass. Facts are facts and things are what they
are, regardless of our agreement, knowledge, or belief. If something is a
fact our ignorance of it or refusal to see it doesn't annihilate it. If some
new information disconfirms our belief about a certain stock then that is a
fact, whether or not we choose to think about it. I know that *I*  must
always be on the look out for my tendency to avoid unpleasant truths. The
most recent of these has been my decision to invest in PRG some months ago.
Reality has proven, in spite of my rationalisations, that PRG is a dog ;-)

Philosophy rules the world people.
Ruth

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] re Cris reply Cristine Kerr