Re: [sharechat] Stock Lending Enquiry Reply

From: John.Loveridge@nz.logicalcsi.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:14:59 +1300

nice woody,

I was involved in a Post Event Risk Arbitrage desk in london for a few
years, and not that there is much M & A action on the NZSE,the ASX could be
fun for a cheeky arb here and there. I may well look at what you prescribe
later in the year when the NZD/USD has 'settled'??

Would it be correct to say the ability to 'borrow' stock is not available
as it is not demanded??

                      "Woody"

                      <solarmax@optusnet.c        To:
<sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
                      om.au>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: [sharechat]
Stock Lending Enquiry Reply
                      sharechat-owner@shar

                      echat.co.nz

                      03/02/2004 15:56

                      Please respond to

                      sharechat

John
It is easy to open an account with a US Broker and trade US Stocks. You can
Short them, But options on them and Buy and Sell the Stock. For my money I
see nothing better.
I recently bought Microsoft Shares, Hedged them with a 36 Month Leap ( long
term option ) Made an excellent return on its last rally now I am
positioned
to cash in on the decline. Did the same with Cisco and Amazon .com..

Woody