Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:28:30 +0000

Russell,

There's not a whole lot of money/profit in margin on bullion sales + assay
and fabrication + storage costs, so, there has to be another 'angle'.

I believe that the real money is made in leasing out the investors gold ...
physically whether it exists or not, because a certificate says it exists,
therefore it does, and that can be on-leveraged for profit. It would be
prudent also to hedge forward buying and selling. This way new gold can be
aquired or sold at predetermined prices. Potentially, if the contract did
not have to be exercised but was in the money, then the contract itself can
be traded for profit.

I'd like to see the fine print about what the online and others obligations
are re collateralised re-investment, leasing, and derivatives.

The above is all completely aside from my previous comments related to trust
in whether the gold actually exists in storage and whether it can be
retrieved to ones person at anytime one chooses.

Rgds
BAA

>From: "Russell" <allanrussell90@hotmail.com>
>To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website
>Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:59:08 +1300
>
>Baa Baa,
>I think you are very wise, we had a scam in new zealand a while ago,
>identical to a previous californian scam, where you "brought" gold paid for
>its storage, and insurance, but guess what at the end of the day when
>everyone wanted their gold, it dident exist.
>I feel its a good high proffit bussiness being in, being paid to store and
>insure nothing.
>Where are all those fools and their money when I need them?
>Allan.

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: [sharechat] hype, property, interest rates, and shares david.gibson