Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] Many thanks Phaedrus..

From: "Russell" <russell.j@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 18:09:55 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

For your info on metashare.

 I have just looked at commsec professional trader, but cant get more info than what is on the web site [commsec.com.au], because it's a Mon-Fri 8-4 Sydney time enquiry phone line, but looking in my ASB archives the other day, it seems I've done 70 [ish] trades since June, and will get free use of their [commsec] services which seem to be a real time up date, and I suppose real time charts, I suspect, they make their money from brokerage, and will want me to move.

My feelings are, at present it took so much effort to get things set up with the ASB, [I know it should have taken 30 minutes but it was the sort of saga that only computers and I can engineer] that it will take a lot to move me to another broker.

Is metashare something similar?  Can it be seen working some where?

I need something a bit better than I have got, to illustrate a point, gold went up the other day and I brought SGW, and it went up, on the 20 minute delay I was still doing well .....but on the real time "Aux SGW indepth" I was taking a bath, by the time I realized, I had lost so much I reasoned  that holding SGW was the best thing I could do to recover the money, ... it wasn't.

I have my computer set up on jet stream, but feel I need 2 screens [at least] one for breaking news and charts, and the other for trading , when it comes in thick and fast its got to be "idiot proof" for the likes of me.

Even having to sort out the csn and fin when under a little duress becomes a challenge.

And more info such as who is buying would help heaps.

I suspect I may have gone into to much detail, but that is the situation at present, and I know I'm just scratching the surface and their is a better way.

Many thanks

Allan.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Warning - This site is being censured mick