Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] PE to high?. by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:54:55 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

With a PE of 27.63 AIA looks like It Is overpriced or Is It?.     I bought my first lot after Sept 11th, my second lot after sars, my PE for the share Is now roughly one third less, and my yld one third more than todays figures.     It Is now time for me to buy some more, the share Is still trending up nicely.     The PE means nothing to me, what counts Is profit Increases, and expectations of better times to come.      Some people say I can do better by timing my entry, and others that the PE Is to high and represents a risk, but my method Is If It Is trending stay with It and Invest more, keeping one finger over the ejector seat button.         The most Important lesson I learned so far Is If In doubt get out.         I will never make excuses for holding on to a dog through thick and thin It Is perform or get dumped.           The only share In my four that Is not on a steep uptrend Is POT which when that wall of wood moves will skyrocket.      Thanks to share chat I have my own system of Investing derived from what I picked up from you guys.          Picking trends Is what I do best PE means nothing Timing an entry I don't worry about and getting rid of an under performer takes two mins.    Tell me that I am wrong in six months time with AIA If you can, the money Is where the mouth Is.
          cheers macdunk
DISCL hold aia hqp pwc pot.