Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

RE: [sharechat] TA/FA Debate!

From: "david.gibson" <david.gibson@k.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:58:53 +1300

The TA/FA debate has been running since the beginning of continuous auction markets.  Posting to this list is NOT "a search for the truth" and I doubt we will ever resolve the debate, one way or another, here.

As Socrates said "the unexamined life is not worth living".  That is the point of the list - people who have the courage to express a view are doing everyone a favour.  "Fronting up" with your ideas and conducting a process of examination is what the list is all about.

No one who posts here is stupid!  (We have all done battle with Microsoft products, ISP services; to get this far - and have won).

People who engage with a Parthian shot are cowards!  (They may have "truth" on their side - but the key is participation).

As a final thought - perhaps the diversity of opinion expressed in the list reflects the wider market.  There are tidal flows of "opinion of value" that underpin what happens in real markets.  It is better to face diverse views, integrate them into your strategies, and adapt - than to face the world with a fixed point of view.