Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] TA/FA Debate!

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:30:18 +0100

Hi Gerry

Woody wrote:
> "I have put up many arguments as to why I 'Know' TA is better than FA,
> yet many times I receive abuse in return not constructive debate".

Gerry responded:
> I have been in the market for quite some time and happen to know some
> of the finest traders in OZ and other places.
>  Often but not always, they go quickly over the financials of a
> company before making a move.
>
> There are some fine traders on Hotcopper where my base is and they
> regularly supply charts and readings.

This is the important point I think -- the TA/FA issue isn't black and
white in that one isn't intrinsically better than the other. Or to put
it another way, what's "better" for one person/business/organisation is
what works for them, which includes how they approach
investment/trading, how much time they have to research (if they do any
research at all), their level of interest, what else they're doing with
their life/lives, etc.

A belief that one system is somehow "better" than another is seriously
misguided and/or relying too much on differences in assumption. Some
people make the same mistake when it comes to religion: they cannot
comprehend why their particular set of beliefs, that seems to work very
well for them, shouldn't be the focus of some universal realisation by
the unbelievers.

Robin