Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] Options by Woody - trader 100

From: fntradingsolutions <fntrade@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:24:02 +1000

Well My risk factor is always 8% being that at any one time I risk only 8%
of my Trade Capital. So if the Trade goes against me my Maximum Loss factor
is 8% of the Investment. That is when I close the trade. i.e For a loss of
$1296.
Since the investment was  90 cents by 18 = $1620 Multiplied by 10 Contracts
= $16,200. That is my Total investment for this trade.

Now since I bought Puts I expected the Market to go Down. However if I was
wrong and the Market went up I would exit the Trade when my 8% Risk Factor
was reached. Loss would then be $1296

90 is 90 cents that is the cost of the Option  Called the Premium. 18 is the
multiple per contract.
i.e.  90 cents x by 18 is the Full cost of the Put Option = $1620  That is
the most I can lose per Option.

10 Is the number of contracts I bought