Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

[sharechat] PPCS - Court of Appeal

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:48:09 +1200

I am supprised at the Court of Appeal judgement that restores the voting
rights to PPCS that a lower court removed as punishment for making an illegal
takeover bid for competitor Richmond Meats, This allows the convicted to
achieve their illegal objective of gaining control of the target company.

Lets not mince words, PPCS entered into secret agreements to mount an illegal
takeover bid. If the New Zealand sharemarket wishes to shed its wild west
image the courts must do their and bit and hold the baddies to account.

The Court of Appeal decision amounts to no more than a slap on the wrist with
a wet bus ticket. If this court wishes to supplant the Privy Council as this
countries court of final appeal it will have to lift its act.

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

PS I am off to rob a bank. I know that if I am convicted and get my appeal
heard by the Court of Appeal they will make me serve my prison time but allow
me to keep the money.