Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

Re: [sharechat] Re: delurk, and POT question

From: Stephen Judd <sljudd@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:18:32 +1200

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 16:27, Morgy 40 wrote:
> To Harry & Stephen
>
> "Those who buy a computer program and try to get rich quick seem to
> last only a few months at best, if the rate of churn of posters is
> anything to go by. "

That was Harry.

> "I am a programmer, and I work for a bank. Mate, even if I believed in
> TA, I wouldn't trust MY money to anything that wasn't tested within an
> inch of its life... "

But this was me.

> 2. What relevancy does your job have to any investment tips you may
> have or how does it somehow imply competency in investment knowledge,
> did you invent windows, linux or someother special software
> ?.Investment in all forms based on my experience both as a company
> owner and parttime trader is based on knowledge I have gained from
> study and application over many many years, some skills from business
> were transferable, such as risk management, discipline, self
> evaluation, self management etc etc.

The point I was trying to make, poorly I admit, was that financial
software, even that used in commercial situations, is often sufficiently
poorly written and tested that I mistrust its recommendations. So it was
the sharetrading programs I was expressing mistrust of, not the
competency in investent knowledge of you or anyone else. (I imagine you
probably know a builder who doesn't think much to other tradesmen's work
either).

Stephen