Re: [sharechat] investing in building disasters by macdunk

From: <philip@goodreturns.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:18:07 +1200

Hi all

I’m interested in this discussion, not that it helps me understand any stocks, but more to do with regulation of people like builders and financial planners.

Through our other web site www.goodreturns.co.nz and our print magazine Asset we have been writing about the government’s plans to regulate financial advisers.

Currently Commerce Minister Lianne Dalziel is looking at regulation for builders and financial advisers and is keen to get somd debate going.

I would be interested in any thoughts ShareChat readers may have about regulation of financial advisers. Is it a good idea, how could it be done and would registration achieve anything?

Financial advisers themselves have discussed the issue from time to time in the forum on Good Returns. http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/list.php?f=2

Philip

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: Investing / speculating in biotechs tennyson@caverock.net.nz