Re: Re: [sharechat] My Biotech Investment Strategy Revealed

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:55:35 +1200

Snoopy,

It is not only roadshows of course.

I would recommend single threads as you will get a lot more posters and I mean knowledgable posters.

There are a lot of those about in Aussie as there are so many Bio-tech companies.

That alone makes up for any possible bias.

I have been a poster on some of the Aussie sites for quite some time now and feel quite at ease, really.

But should one not be comfortable with a stock, then dump it smartly and take a loss.

Losses of 20%+ within a short time are not unusual with these somewhat volatile stocks. To reduce the risk select 3 or so stocks.

"I'm starting to think that investing in Biotech is a bit like fishing. People seemed spurred on by the big fish that the other guy landed.  But they never seem to quite land 'the big one' themselves".

Re wins and losses, I discussed these on the other channel when pushed hard by a curious party.

Apart from PTD I did alright and hooked a very big one some weeks ago. And you can only hope that one big gain can account for the remaining losses. And there is the odd large one together with medium and lesser wins potential.

NRT is the most complex of all Aussie BIO-TECH stocks. It is a hybrid pharmaceutical really.

And to show how much background can be produced:

Look for the date of 15 March (3 posts).

You wouldn't read everything in post 2, Snoopy but you will get a pretty good picture of NRT  and the various existing cancers.

I wouldn't have started it unless I was really interested and knew NRT's (Novogen's) products. But we must have one successful trial result!

So, I suggest you put on a white coat and start reading some of the stuff. Suggest you also check the Chart.

Investment in "BIOS" requires a high degree of understanding and judgement".

Gerry
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
Helen Keller

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] My Biotech Investment Strategy Revealed G Stolwyk