[sharechat] Ware house woes by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 16:56:18 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I think snoopy you may be a bit quick of the mark with your warehouse purchase.  The down side might not be over.  The upside wont happen until a decent report comes out of oz.  The reason NZ companies and lots of workmates I had in oz find it tough is that you lot don't like each other.  It might be an unpopular thing to say, but true never the less. Don't believe me , listen to the radio in NZ or try and find a job on a building site in OZ for a kiwi carpenter. I used to tell them to trade themselves off as a POM.  That is one of the reasons I exit a share when they go over there to make there fortune its uphill all the way. Having said all that I have a confession to make, I bought into PWC a couple of weeks ago which is a bit of a contradiction to my views.  I feel confident that lots of you will disagree but having worked in both countries for a great number of years it is an observation I find hard to understand.  Dont come over with the guff its all in good fun.  In oz when I was there It was buy australian and keep your mate in a job was the call.
               CHEERS MACDUNK