Re: [sharechat] Biotech: Pierpont agrees with Snoopy

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 16:48:51 +1200

Hi Marilyn,

> Pierpont in the Australian Financial Review takes an amusing look at
> Biotech co's and comes to the same conclusion as Snoopy.
>
> Go to;
>
>  http://afr.com/commentopinion/2003/05/02/FFXH41TM5FD.html

That is actually very funny.   I particularly liked this bit:

"So we have taken the initiative and are floating off Blue Sky Biotech.
We had the two major foundations in place for a company: a strategic
direction and a good name. The third, and much the minor, need was
for a product of some sort."

"This is easier than you might think. First, find a university which has a
more or less respected name.  Second, scout around the fringes of its
science division until you find some washed-up academic who has
been bypassed by his peers and is eager for (a) revenge and (b)
money.   Given the fratricidal wars that are fought inside universities
and the number of bitter, impoverished academics who have been left
wounded on the sidelines, this is no great difficulty."

However, all joking aside I am still interested if there really is any
investor out there who has nade money out of Biotech over a
sustained period.    If such a person exists, and given the wooliness of
the fundamentals, I suspect some kind of disciplined T/A strategy
might do it.    I am simply curious.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy