Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

Re: [sharechat] Fairshare RBD

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:32:43 +0000

Hi Bill

Actually, I'm wasn't asking you what the price of X or Y will be next
week. It's quite a stretch to agree with your position on predicting
the future however, as, I would venture, most TA people are trying to
predict the future not in terms of price but whether a price is
trending north or south. This is as much predicting the future as any
rain, snow, sun or thunderstorm forcast.

I'll be following Phaedrus's charting on the stocks he's covering.

You say you're not overly concerned about all the ups and downs. It
appears to me that you are, the difference being only one of time,
right?

TWR? The chart of this company tells us a lot in retrospect, and I
guess TA people would have got out mid 2002, if they ever got in.
However, the market didn't really start punishing TWR until around the
beginning of 2002. Turning to your question though, it would have to
depend on the business and a perception (trust) in the sustainability
of that business. If it was apparent that it was robust, sustainable,
paying healthy dividends, and declining in value, One may very well
pick up increasing parcels of shares as they become available at
increasingly better price.

Best wishes

Robin