Re: [sharechat] Tricom

From: "gooner" <nickk@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:45:55 +1300

"And also avoid comments like those provided by “gooner”.

Regards

Nick McCaw

Nick

I agree with what you say about the seminar and having an open mind and add this.

When the post came in, the writer said he/she saw an ad in the ODT (Otago Daily Times) advertising Tricom.  The writer then asked if anyone knew of the company.

A search of the companies office website (which is mostly free and available to anyone here) would have told the writer a little about the Tricom group of companies.  I did this (out of interest and to help the writer) and noticed the Wellington company.

There was also a Christchurch company with a Tricom name. Considering then that the advert was in the ODT (ie nearer Christchurch than Wellington), and the company in ChCh is called Tricom (NZ) Trading Ltd (ie posibly linked to sharemarket trading?) I presumed this company was the one offering the seminar.

The directors of this company are two asian people with the surname of Ha.  Hence, my tongue in cheek reply.  I also added the companies office website with my post AND said the name Ha should give a hint.  Thus, my post was purely humorous and wasn't critical.

If some people here have sense of humour failures then that is their fault, not mine.  You could have gone to the Companies Office website and noticed the irony of it all for yourself.  But then again, that would have meant thinking outside the square a little which seems to be beyond some people here.

Cheers

Gooner