Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

[sharechat] Platinum Pursuits

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

Geoff,
      I have no personal knowledge of Daniel Kertcher or "Platinum Pursuits".
They claim to be an "Education Company" with a system that appears to be based
on trading covered calls, with a fixed profit target of 30% and a fixed
stoploss of 25%. It is virtually impossible to evaluate something like this
without actually buying it and testing it yourself for a year or so. Certainly
the spectacular claims and enthusiastic testimonials are par for the course.
They claim that "in 15 minutes a month you can generate returns of 37% a year"
- almost sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

 Your friends don't need a product, they need knowledge. There are no shortcuts
that I know of. In my experience, the most cost-effective approach is by
reading books. The Education section of ShareChat will give a starting point.
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/education/lti.php

 Geoff, you say that you are "strictly a fundamental investor not a TA
speculator". Trades based on fundamental analysis can be just as speculative as
those based on technical analysis. These different approaches are no more than
tools - how they are used and to what purpose depends entirely on the
individual. TA is an excellent adjunct to FA, using FA to pick your stocks, and
TA to time your entry and exit. Longterm fundamental investors can and do use
TA. See http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2001/06/msg00165.shtml

    Regards,
              Phaedrus.