Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

[sharechat] Re: Kiwi Income Rights

From: "Rockbottom" <rockbottom@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:31:42 +1200

Thanks Peter, missed the special div.

Now redoing the calculations.

1.    The final dividend is 4.53 cents plus imputation credits 0.158 plus
2.56cents special div. plus imputation  credits not known and estimated at
Nil gives gross dividend of  7.248cents. Deduct tax at average rate of 33%
gives net cash received  of  4.856 cents (say 5 cents)
 2.    Share price is now 97c, for comparative purposes we only
 need to deduct the after tax dividend of 5 cents. This makes the ex div
value of
the shares 92c.
3.    The cost of the rights (6.7c) plus the new shares 82c makes 88.7c.
4.    Saving by buying the rights over the head share approx. 3.3cents.

I believe the only difference between the head shares and the rights now is
the dividend to be received. The split has already been made and will be
reflected in the share price  now.

Rockbottom