Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

[sharechat] Re: Kiwi Income Rights

From: "Peter Riches" <peter@kairos.ws>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 07:10:10 +1200

Thanks Malcolm. I had forgotten about the dividends. According to my maths
the market price matches the theoretical price almost exactly when the
dividends are considered:

Approx. theoretical price ex 7.09 cent dividend = 96-7 = 89 cents
Dilution effect = ((89*6)+82)/7 = 88 cents (= theoretical price ex rights
and dividends)

Subscription price + rights price = 82+6.5 = 88.5 (= current market price)

Interesting to note that, according to the rights invesment statement, the
net asset backing after the rights issue will be $1.05 per unit. This means
that at 88 cents KIP would be trading at more than a 16% discount  to NAB. I
believe this is more than twice the discount it was trading at before the
rights issue was announced. Wonder how a 16% discount to NAB compares with
other property shares? Seems quite a big discount for what seems to me to be
a quality share that is paying around 11% dividends per annum?

Peter