Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

Re: [sharechat] Stock Guru Competition 2002 Monthly Update

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:47:08 +0000

Hi Spin,

>I am the said SPIN and it was nice to leading Stock Guru
> Competition at the end of March.
> It almost guarantees that I will now drop away and
>end up near the bottom by December. Still it is pleasing to see that
>I can pick some winners, albeit briefly.  My wife also entered the
>competition as My Losers and she is very pleased that she was
>second. We have a lot to thank EBET for.  We would love to say that
>we put some real money behind EBET but sadly we didn't. But we do
>own some of the others that we have chosen for the competition. It
>is a pity they haven't done as well.

Hey, don't complain at your share selection performance.  You've done
better than anyone else!  It sounds like your selection of 'Ebet' was
literally a punt.  But the others you have chosen are certainly
interesting.

You said you are in the UK, so I guess you are on the spot where Sir
Ron seems to do most of his GPG deals.  Does Sir Ron have any profile
over there, or is he just a backroom boy who all the establishment
ignore?  How do *you* think his UK investments are going?

You have chosen Rubicon.  It has that strategic holding in Flecther
Forests, or do you fancy the potential of the biotech side of things?

Ebos is perhaps the more conservative choice of your picks.   I
wonder why you chose that?    Are you thinking that the rising $NZ
will lower their product cost base (Ebos dealing in mainly imported
medical assistance products)?   Or is there some other reasoning
entirely for your choice?

Dorchester Pacific is a share that I know nothing about.  It has been
mentioned on this forum on a few occasions.   I did a search on DPC
in the sharechat archive and found very little enlightenment.   It
seems to be a bit of a chartist's share as Richard Hooper and Mike
Hudson amongst others seem to have some quite intelligent discussions
on the ups and downs of the share price without mentioning what it is
DPC do.  I gather it is some kind of second tier finance company(?),
but perhaps you might care to enlighten the ignorant (e.g. me) on
just what the company does and why you might choose to invest in it?

Hoping like other readers in this forum to learn something from your
picks. TIA

SNOOPY

PS  Please please please don't post in HTML.   It took me a good five
minutes to wade through all that formatting text and figure out what
it was you were saying.

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."