Re: [sharechat] Thanks

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:06:48 +1300

Its not "fear" except in the sense that the Consumers Institute "fears" for the
safety of
consumers.
I'd be delighted to hear that it was all good harmless fun like reading your
horoscope in the paper
and laughing.
One can only repeat once again that the really expert investors, and I don't
mean the amateurs that
run insurance and superannuation & funds investment although even they eschew
"technical" analysis,
but people like Warren Buffett (if TA people have heard of him), Benjamin
Graham et al, relate its
a waste of time and quite often counterproductive.
My own observation from Sharechat posts is that there is a very strong inverse
correlation between
the absence of real news such as company reports, turning points in the economy
from fresh
statistics; and the number of charting posts.
i.e. its what people do when they're bored and waiting for something real world
to happen. Lets
hope for some real news soon to avoid the deluge of rubbish.

cheers,
Hugh