Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] FRU

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:31:06 +1300

Hi All
Nick has said what my objective (planA) will be. I am waiting to buy back
in. I see more benefits in selling now, hope for a price drop after the
deadline then if attractive buy back in, thats if Danone is not successful
with their 90% target. Ben also presents a most likely scenero that Danone
could accept being a major shareholder for the time being, which will have 2
effects on the shareprice, longterm growth due to Danones influence and
short term drop not being as large as some punters would think (might not
drop at all) due to the likes of me ,Nick and others creating large buying
demand on very little script left being available to the buyers.The above
scenero would be the best outcome for NZers and I hope that this is why the
institutional buying is taking place, rather than the institutions buying
just to sell to Danone for 2% profit. My estimations of institutions would
go from low to pathetic if they sold a great NZ growth company for 2% gain.

The waters are still murky, in the medium/long term, holding on to the
shares is probably not a too greater risk. However if you bought in at a
level which I did @ $1.94  my downside risk outweighs my upside risk. So it
all depends on your holding in your portfolio, my selling could be good for
me, but bad for you and vice versa.
Plan B ???  Get on in life, accept my bad decision, plenty of other good NZ
companies to invest in.
Not a good time to be emotional, there is never a time for that.
Hoop