Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] FRU

From: "nick" <rathel@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:01:02 +1300

     I have now sold all my holdings in Frucor, it appears that
there is little to gain from holding now and everything to lose.
    Danone have been very clever, and it seems to me that the
independent report may have been a trifle optimistic about Frucors
short term prospects.
       The buyers now are as Ben said, large institutions, they are buying
now because it looks very likely that Danone will achieve the 90%
takeup. So the risk may be low.
  Personally though i feel happier to now be on the sidelines. (sold
half 2.40 and the rest today).    Im  hoping the bid fails and the
price falls back, if that happens i will be back in.
       Shame to lose Frucor,  they are a good ambitious company who
will be missed on the exchange.

Nick