Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] ADV

From: "george souros" <g_sourous@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:01:40 +0000

Must say that Advantage seems to have grown up with repect to their conduct
of late. They certainly seem to have dealt with governance issues and it,s
good to see the board re-elected with a new independant director who seems
to have a good pedigree. Further to my previous post last week regarding the
question of achieving this re-election, the current board  rallied 34
million proxies in favour of their resolutions, to enable this outcome.
Interesting to note at the AGM, Chairman Evan Christian distancing himself
from the Watson/Cullen camp when he stated very clearly that he did not
represent any other corporate interest on the board! Read my post from last
week as to why I think this is.
As a seasoned attender of AGM,s I thought this one would have more fireworks
than it did. It seemed well organised with the attending shareholders
seemimg to show strong support for each resolution as it was voted on. The
only sour note was Brian Gaynor and his personal attacks on the chairman,
almost to the point of gaynor embarrassing himself completely. Maybe Gaynor
was trying to save face, after his failed prediction in his Herald column,
that the ADV chairman would be axed.
Having read through and digested a copy of the Independant Research Report
from Amunsden I,m confident the stock is about to rebound. Obviously
predictions of forthcoming profits will help the price as well!

Holding and going long

George