Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] Feverpitch International (N.C.M. IPO)

From: "Paul Frost" <frostpt@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:00:24 +1300

In fairness to Feverpitch, I suspect their long term ambitions are to be much more than just an online betting exchnange.

As with most N.C.M. companies their prospectus is fairly vague, however I believe their intentions are also to market software systems to the gambling industry.

I appreciate that the majority of the sophisticated,intelligent, worldly wise individuals that normally frequent this site wouldn't touch this issue with a barge pole.
However for the few shameless soles who are interested, the best stategy might be to wait until the company is listed.
Based on past history, most N.C.M. listings fall below their issue price at some stage.By waiting you should be able to pick them up at a more attractive price.
Obviously with these types of shares being so thinly traded it's difficult to predict what the share price will do with any certainty.

With regard to sports betting (slightly of topic). In the World Cup qualifier Uruguay v Australia, I notice that the N.S.W. TAB is
offering 3.50 on an Australian win, the NZ TAB is offering 5.00 for the same bet, whereas Ladbrokes is offering 6.00 for an Australian win. Hmmmm ????