Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] CEN standoff (Charting Software)

From: "Mike" <terra1@Ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:00:23 +1300

Hello everybody,
                          I find this CEN business quite funny, I read the
posts about suckers being milked by these shears etc(that was after I had
purchased and thought I was about to be milked). I'm completely new to this
and just for the fact that the shears were .006 cents each when I looked at
them and they had just changed there name to Certified Organics Limited with
a so-called environmentally friendly product I thought to myself this looks
good and I purchased 250,000 shears in the company (not really knowing what
I was doing).  Blow and behold if the shear prize didn't rise to 1.3 cents
per shear in about a week or two, so I sold my shears at 1.2 cents each when
I noticed the price stagnating at 1.3 doubling my money (what they stroke of
luck). So much for being milked :)

I did ask about charting software awhile go and was given the answers that I
needed with the post that replied(thank you), I purchased the programme
Metastock (CEN paid for it)after looking at what else was available in the
way of software.  I signed up with Infoscan Data supply which is only $24 a
month and $100 for about 11 years history on the New Zealand Exchange, I
thought that was a pretty good deal and the payments are quarterly paid on
AP. Phaedrus's charts have been a godsend in helping me to try and take in
some of all there is to know about charting companies etc in Metastock.
(thank you Phaedrus) I have printed them out and tried plotting them myself
and then comparing them to Phaedrus's chart's along with dates etc. very
very helpful.  Learned more and understood it far far better.

Thanks All
Mike.