Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

RE: Re: [sharechat] WFD - Heart Attack Stuff

From: "Wedde, John" <John.Wedde@weltec.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:10:31 +1300

Yep,
Add me to the list of those who got burnt.
Some of my own fault though --- a good stop/loss would have limited the
damage.
One of you have said that some "loosely associated" with the company sold
early on.
It would be interesting to know how "loosely" [or closely] associated these
persons were.
I do seem to recall some discussion at the time of the issue, perhaps even
mentioned in the prospectus,
that the issue was an opportunity for some of the older shareholders to reap
some of the
rewards of setting up the company, by selling some of their original
shareholding.
If any of those who sold early had knowledge of the inaccuracy of the profit
forecasts
then surely this is a case of out and out fraud! Let's not mince words here.
I'm waiting with baited breath for the Stock Exchange's request for an
explanation.
Cheers,
John