Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Something to think about for all you newbie chartists

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:02:22 +1300

A good article Peter! Actually, it has been a topic for some time now. Some won't mention it in case the markets get sick again. Oops, even that remark could set it off!

Difficult times for a "stockpicker " like me too!  Those lucky "intuitions" used to throw up say 1 selection every two to three months.

And we were looking for some 70% rise in the share price in the first 12 months.( Arrogant statement? Yes and No ).

I may have to lower my horizon somewhat and go for 40% instead and that at greater risk!

If you really want that rewarding inspiration, then wine is not suitable; you have to go for gin, instead!

May go to Aussie early next year and bring my lucky metal detector with me: trying to find a mining stock!

If that does't help, a Tibethian prayer roll will do!

A Stock picker's Prayer:" May the good Lord help me whenever I am only told half the story".

This is where my highly sensitized dog comes in. I only have to open the pages of my Annual report in front of him and he bares his fangs whenever he sees anything, he does'nt like!

Must take him to the Shareholders' meeting; I trained him how to spot a prospective corrupt Director! The problem is that he goes further than that!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] brokerage nick