Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] The politics of envy.

From: "Coaster" <coaster@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:50:40 +1300

Gerry, I read you latest post with interest and I feel I must reply to some of the statements you made.

"I take it that you normally read the Forum posts…"

- No, I do not. My interest became aroused when a number of posts that were made on the Stockchat site referred to what was happening, so I visited Sharechat and read the appropriate posts. I then went to the OzeStock site and read some more of your contributions. From this I then formed my own opinion of your actions.

"…I don’t know why you come with your post that late at night…"

- There is a reason for this. I had posted a number messages on the Stockchat site during the evening and just before I went to bed I thought I would check this site to see if there had been any developments with regard to your comment on PTD. I saw your posts regarding "The politics of Envy" and thought I would give you the chance to rebut the comments I had posted on the other channel. I certainly did not post at that time to avoid ‘detection’. If the administrators of Sharechat deem this or my previous post inappropriate for this forum then I hope they feel free to berate me publicly. I, however, feel that this is a valid topic of discussion.

"It seems to me that you are reopening this thread…"

- After glancing over previous thread I note that the administrators discouraged the general topic of ramping on Monday. You started this thread on Tuesday. My post was merely a response.

"You are a poster from this site: … sharetrader…"

- I certainly am. My username is Coaster – accept no imitations ;-)

"I can only hope these people with that many names( clones) on your chat site will now have to surrender the surplus names."

- I fail to see how this is relevant to this thread. If you look at my profile on Stockchat you will see that I have been around since near the beginning of that site and are therefore not a ‘newby’.

"Many people on your site either encouraged flaming… or did nothing… …I admired some of the juniors, who protested. Where were you?"

- No one can deny that the other channel sees more than its fair share of flaming. My feelings on the matter are that either a jocular ribbing, or, even better, just ignoring the flamers completely is the best action to take. (By the way, some of our ‘recent additions’ at Stockchat may take offence at being called "juniors". We have recently had some excellent new additions amongst our numbers and they prove time and again that they’re certainly not ‘juniors’ of the ways of the sharemarket.)

"Don’t take it too hard if your post on the other channel was not read or answered. It did not ask for my comment anyway!"

- I certainly did not loose any sleep over that. I was under the impression that you did not visit the other channel and if I had known otherwise I most certainly would have asked for your rebuttal. By the way, there is a member by the username of "Gerry S" on the other channel. I assumed this was not you, but merely another "pre-schooler" – was I wrong?

"Unlike others with narrow self interests…"

- Is this referring to me? Over my short but intense education of the ways of the sharemarket I have learned to sort the rubbish (including ramps) from the gems amongst the posts I read. Those newer to reading message boards and forums may not have yet reached this stage – therefore I would suggest that any discussion about ramping would be beneficial to the wider forum community. If I had "narrow self interests" then I would certainly not shoot rampers down, but would probably be one myself.

"… and am extremely busy… …I am not available to answer any more posts from another site: I can spent my time in a more productive way."

- I’ll ask you again to rebut my earlier comments. It is not my ethics that have been under attack by several different people recently and you should be given the chance to reply and defend, rather than to use the stalling and diverting tactics that you have employed recently.

No one is saying that you are a bad investor, Gerry. The performance of your selections speak for themselves, it is just, in my opinion, that the content of some of your posts serve a less than helpful purpose to the readers. I would love for you to change my opinion on this matter.

Finally, you may wish to ignore this post and so be it. But I think that many will agree that your silence would speak volumes more than any rebuttal could.

Coaster

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] VTL andrew cottingham