Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] The politics of envy.

From: "John Ascroft" <jascroft@jade.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:25:53 +1300

I think you only have to look at the SGI to see how much credence to place on other peoples opinions. This index pretty accurately reflects the mood of the board at the time of the competition with FFS THL and ITC well to the fore. Anyone that buys a share because of ramping gets everything they deserve (unless the share flukes a rise).

I guess there has been a noticeable drop in contributions here lately which is a shame. Having spent a couple of days watching 'the other channel', I don't believe posters have defected because the whole tone and behaviour is quite different there (reminds me of the flight sim BBS, which I gave up reading because of all the kids). Where have all our old posters gone? I miss Snoopy and Charlie Brown and even MM has been quiet lately. Any more of this and I'll even welcome back silly old te rapraha.

At the risk of a flame from someone I will close with a special thanks to Phaedrus who always makes me think, and obviously has a real love for the markets and the kindness to share his enthusiasm with others.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] WAM (again) John Ascroft