Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] wdt ?

From: "Chris Slater" <chris.slater@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:00:34 +1300

From my newsletter 11/11/01 (http://communities.msn.co.nz/SpectralInvestmentFund):

"I mentioned The Evening Post’s ‘The Fortune Hunters’ competition (where four varied sharemarket followers compete for returns on a $10,000 stake) last week in relation to Blis Tech. I’ve noticed a high correlation between the hunter’s punts and the stocks’ subsequent performances. The impression I get is one of a combination of picking up on already-rising stocks, ‘insider trading’ – where people aware of these punts make the same purchases, and self-fulfilling prophecy. I won’t know until next Saturday what one of the hunters paid for Wgtn Drive Tech, but its recent rise started on 31 October and may have finished by the time he bought them. Given the competition is short-term and there’s been no news, a WDT purchase is highly speculative."

Regards

Chris Slater

Go to Top of Page

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Beat the Brokers October Mike Hudson