Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] CEN Dogfight

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:15:16 +1300

Hoop,
I am not a CEN holder but as I don't see any replies to your post, I shall give you an opinion.

Your set of questions can really be boiled down to one:

"Shall I sell?"  The answer is "why"?

I have followed CEN closely and it is pretty clear to everybody that CEN has put in an opportunistic bid!

We are at a stage where power prices are rising; unless an earthquake destroys one of their dams, CEN can be expected to deliver!

We already have valuations close to $6. The current price is $4.20. This is a massive discount for an important infrastructure stock!

Why must you sell?

Come on, CEN holders. what are your thoughts?

Gerry
Much has been made of our markets performing well against the US and other large markets. If the effect of existing attempted takeovers and those already pinpointed for future corporate action, is taken out, is it doing that well?