Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] CEN Dogfight

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:07:58 +1300

Institutions may block EME takeover saying to price $4.25 is too low.

What do to chatters think on this?
Will EME final offer ..be not a final offer
Will EME buy sharholder shares @ $4.25 and the Institutions hold out for a higher bargained price ?
What are to new rules regarding increased takeover price offers?
Will EME walk away and for how long?
Do we sell now and risk losing a better offer?
Do we hold and risk a downside if the takeover fails?
Decisions...Decisions ...Decisions

I personally will be holding my shares until the last possible moment so not to risk losing any upside to shareprice, and to gain more information about  takeovers.....because imho it is still early days yet.

Anyway if I sell now I have no idea where to park my money as the whole world market seems rather risky.
This is the opportune time for investors with steel balls to invest and perhaps make a fortune......for me this environment makes me a bit of a wimp and it forces me to look only at very financially solid stocks in an uptrend.
Your opinions??
Hoop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Fisher and Paykel Healthcare SWLEE