Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

RE: [sharechat] WHS & Phaedrus

From: "Bestbrook" <bestbrook@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:44:27 +1300

Stephen, thanks for that.  Yes, missed it.  Will sit tight, as on my CEN.  As it happens have sat tight with CAH since 1994 (!) from those days when I relied totally on "advisors" - now I've discovered ShareChat I intend to be a bit more pro-active (not before time, I hear you say!)
Cheers,
Bestbrook

Bestbrook,
You may have missed the message i sent out on the 21/8/01(see below). I bought WHS at $5.75 then, I am monitoring to get out with a reasonable profit because the stock is currently in a technical "overbought" mode and may be due for a technical retracement/correction. It is hovering around the resistance level of $6.20-$6.25. IMO, it may not be a good entry point unless the price breach this resistance level in the next few sessions.
Bearing in mind that the company share buy-back scheme finishes on the 25/10/01, so may be  some healthy buying that we are seeing currently is the result of the buyback. The company has reiterated that they will not revive the scheme when it finishes this month. So, it would be interesting to see how the share performs post buy back.

One company which I am particularly interested at the moment is CAH which is in an interesting technical phase. This stock is on fundamental, most undervalued due to its cyclic nature and it may be due for a rebound especially when they have put in place considerable initiatives the last 12 months. I noticed also that some sharebrokers (JB Were etc) are starting to recommend the stock as "outperform".  Its major shareholder IP is announcing quarterly report on 18/10/01 which will provide a good lead as to how CAH performing. Rumour in the sharebroking fraternity that CAH is a takeover target by its parent IP.

Sit tight and wait for the action unfold, like CEN recently? Make your own judgment.

Cheers
Stephen