Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] WAM

From: "Peter" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:28:56 +1300

Nick - I did say that earnings growth had stopped and the figures say they have.

I did also say that at 250 the NPV of future cash flows was a positive $40M odd and that was based on earnings growth coming through.. My own DCF model needs some pretty robust sales growth after next year to justify this valuation.

I always enjoy reading the WAM annual report because they do tend to concentrate on the future. All those things you mentioned are covered and they appear to be pretty exciting and no doubt will come to fruition - which in turn will lead to improved earnings.

I am out of WAM at the moment but will buy some more at an opportune time.

Phaedrus says wait until a new uptrend starts and this has yet too happen.

Paul had an interesting post which suggested that there were some strong leading indicators that things could be turning. Today's volume was relatively high and the price didn't move much. I wonder if this has made him change his mind?

Paul - still out there - maybe you could give us an up to date position on those leading indicators on WAM? Still a buy at 250 odd?

I am still waiting in the wings to see what happens over the next day or so.

Cheers

Peter

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FFS Kevin Young