Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] Air N Z

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:51:50 +1200

My worst fears regarding the Govt. rushing in to fund Brierly Airlines seem to have come to fruition.

Selected quotes from Stuff web site;

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,961108a10,FF.html

Air New Zealand has found its white knight, with the Kiwi taxpayer set to swoop to the aid of the struggling airline.

..but it's expected the Government will spend about $1 billion to take on 80 per cent of the airline's shares.

I hope none of you were waiting for hip replacement surgery, or radiation treatment following a mastectomy? It seems the Govt. has found a better use for the money.

Boop-doop-de-do Marilyn

*
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/