Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] RE: SKC & DEBT

From: "Philip Robinson" <pcr@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:51:13 +1200

Title: Message

Getting bored with study, SKC annual report seems so much more interesting, with its "look how far we have come" theme, interesting to see the marketing machine that goes to work, with OUR money to make us love THEM. But thems is the breaks ehh?

About debt, realised later that a significant amount of that debt is Force Corp debt, now they are essentially a subsidiary of SKC they have to take all of their debt under their wing...a little worrying.

I got the SKY capital note prospectus ofr a laugh, ohh I should clarify that, a laugh because I have no show of having 5K to buy SKY capital notes, but if they want you can convert to SKY equity so may not be such an interest burden, but it would dilute the equity, not good also. I am unsure whether the SKC ones can convert, does nayone know.

Nice to see CBA has 18% of SKC, almost a cornerstone shareholder. Like CBA also, nice and cheap at the moment with all the uncertainty.

Phil
(have CBA and SKC)

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] SKC DARRYL TATOM