Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] AIRVB shares or 77 dozen Fosters?

From: "Peter" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:32:30 +1200

This from dailyreckoning.com that puts a sad view on how the much many stocks have gone down over the last year -

"If you had purchased $1000 worth of Nortel Networks stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.
If you bought $1000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock, at $3.80 per six-pack) one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel deposit, you would have $79. Those lucky Michigan residents who receive 10 cents per can would of course have $158."

Mind you our country isn't much better.

A $1,000 worth of AIRVB purchased a year ago (if you didn't fork out more for the rights) is worth $96 today. But my kids tell me that the going rate for recycled cans is 80 cents a kilo, so 77 dozen Foster's cans (empty of course) wouldn't be worth that much. But a lot merrier

Maybe next week the enpties will be worth more than the shares

Sorry

Peter

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] What to buy when rally starts? nick