Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Security - growth industry !!

From: "Andrew Dengel" <adengel@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:24:15 +0930

Jeremy,

I can never quite understand the thought processes behind arguments like the
one you put up, although I agree that it exsists,  especially after recent
events public opinion might sway towards this technology. I am a firm
believer in "if you have nothing to hide then why be afraid" if it meant the
difference between a retina scan at the airport or some nutter crashing a
plane into the building I work in then I know which I would rather have! And
if someone who doesnt know me from a bar of soap gets his thrills by knowing
I had lunch at McDonalds then good luck to him.
Somehow I dont think it will go that far though, conspiracy theorists seem
to think that everyone cares what they are doing? They dont.
I would rather be/feel safe at the end of the day and I think more and more
people are feeling the same way, if it means having photos on driving
licences, or stricter more technologically based controls at airports and
suchlike then so be it, after all its no different to a passport only harder
to copy/defraud, I say it should be a good investment in the middle to long
term.

Andrew