Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Potential virus problems / Jeremy

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:02:35 +1200

It is just as well that we have ShareChat to discuss coming viruses.

And are able to consult experts like Jeremy before the latest one hit us without warning!

I normally am advised by Microsoft when the security bulletins come out but this time there was no advice.

Actually, Microsoft's discussion of this virus was dated 18 Sept; therefore, it is brand new!

It is unfortunate that some people who do a lot of emails and receive these, could get 'hit'.

I have been warning at least two who were blissfully unaware of this problem; one even thought that it could not happen to him!

 He does not read the bulletins and does not update the system with Antivirus programs. He thinks that the original Norton Antivirus which went with the computer, does everything!

I referred them to the Forum. They can refer to the posts of the last two days.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Security - growth industry !! Andrew Dengel