Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] The quality of decision making: AIR

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:39:13 +1200

My article of Saturday, 15 September, 2001, mentions that AIR " will have some of our money and may even have to go for a ' double dip'.

Sure enough, there is already a discussion of the government preparing to put more into this venture.

The outstanding question is " Is the government prepared to sit back and watch an Australian boycot of our interests? "

As I understand it, the laws re worker entitlements are stricter in Australia than in NZ. Did Ansett put money aside for this purpose and if so, what happened to it? Or, is there not the cash available to pay this out?

What exactly will still come before the Australian courts?

We still don't know if there were any promises made by Air NZ in this regard. Or will some of the money being put in by the government be used for this purpose?

Is there somebody who is informed about these matters?

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] US Stock Exchange opening on Monday. G Stolwyk